"The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord."
Proverbs- 21:31

Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Hay Is In The Barn


The science behind endurance training is as follows: You break down the muscles in your body by pushing harder and further. The muscle fibers break down and heal stronger than they were before and it allows your body to go further the next week. You get to a point when the race gets close that you can no longer make physical gains. This is the time when you actually back down your training and let your body heal and rest so that you are as strong as possible on race day. And that is what we have finally arrived at.  (no need to thank me for the free PhD in exercise physiology)

So now I recover and I reflect on the last 11 months of training. It has been a long year and I have had to mentally push myself harder this year than I have ever had to do in training for any event. I am grateful for the support I have received from friends and family who believe in me and for the inspiration that Chase has provided to keep me going. Ironman training is hard, there is no other way to describe. But like everything else in life it is the hard things we do that make us strong and feel the greatest reward. Even though I sometimes moan and lament about my training I know that every day I get to do this is truly a blessing. I am thankful that God has given me the drive, resources and ability to do this every day.

I would also like to thank the people who have been donating money to CMAK. If you feel compelled to support my efforts and this great foundation please follow this link: https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/DavidPrudhomme/race4chase
I am getting close to race day and I am half way to my goal. There is still time for you to help me reach my goal of raising $5000 for Chase!

I will put up a post next week with all the instructions on how you can follow me on race day and even watch me cross the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment